COVID-19 UPDATE: PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE AS IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Zoom follow-ups and free initial consults are now available
for both local & remote patients.
We are also open on a limited basis for in-person appointments.
Hey there! If you’re on this page, that means you’re an existing patient (already have had a FREE Consult and an Intake with Dr. Sam) and you want to book a Virtual Visit or in-person follow-up.
(If you are new patient and have reached this page, please click here to request your free consultation.)
SO you are OPEN again?
Yes, as of right now, we are open Tuesdays 2-7pm, Wednesdays 2-7pm, and Saturdays 10am-3pm.
Due to increased precautions and cleaning required to be open safely, per CDC and Maryland Department of Health guidelines, we are only seeing one patient at a time, with a 15 minute buffer in-between.
This means our capacity to see patients is currently limited to about half of our normal patient volume.
We are hoping to be able to increase capacity in the future, as restrictions change and we get used to the new requirements, but this will take us some time.
We suggest if you want an appointment, particularly on a Saturday, you BOOK NOW for the summer. (Yes, the entire summer through August! )
If you want a check in without acupuncture, we suggest booking a virtual visit, as we have more capacity for those currently. These appointments also have additional availability.
What Is a Virtual Visit?
A “Virtual Visit” is a visit with Dr. Sam, just like any other visit, except instead of taking place at the clinic, it takes place over a secure, face-to-face video conference.
Are Virtual Visits Secure?
Absolutely. Our video-conferencing service uses the highest grade encryption to secure the communication channel. And, they are in compliance with ALL federal patient privacy protection laws.
Why Do A Virtual Visit?
- Active patients – Continued focus on the treatment plan so you keep making progress on your goals.
- Active and returning patients – Time to get some sage advice, calm listening and chill from your clinician during this unique time in history.
- Returning patients – Catch up and get recommendations for boosting the immune system, staying healthy, combating anxiety and stress, really whatever you want to talk to us about.
- Obviously we won’t do the acupuncture remotely but we WILL ensure your current supplements and herbs are correct, we will give you the same proven, results-focused trusted guidance in the form of diet, meditations, and exercise.So, there’s still a LOT we can do to get things going and/or keep things going on a positive track for you.
How do I schedule?
Great question! Aline will still be checking phone, email and text to schedule- just ask for a Virtual Visit. We’ll be keeping them close to regular hours, so if you are used to a certain day and time we can probably accomodate that.
- Once you book your visit, we’ll send you an email with instructions on how to install our software and the link you’ll need to click on. This software can be used on any device and is free for you to use.
- You’ll also get theusual reminders and text messages for your appointment.
Will these visits be billed to insurance? What will they cost?
Acupuncturists are not yet recognized for telemedicine according to insurance, so these visits will be out-of-pocket.
Our fees for these visits will be as follows:
$40 for up to 30 minutes for existing clients, whether insured or cash/package rates
$20 for first responders, healthcare workers or currently unemployed
$0/ FREE for Medicare, Medicaid or Veterans (whether VA patients or not)
If you fall into a discount category and wish to pay full freight to support us, just let Aline know when you check out.
Thanks so much and I look forward to seeing you ONLINE.
Dr. Sam and the staff at Five Dances Wellness Center
Making it easy for you to get the care you need.
13 W Potomac St. Brunswick, MD 21716